Friday, June 10, 2011

Dreams

Kathy's post about dreams kinda influenced me to do this..
But I think it's a good thing to do.

So, as many of you know, I'm a music education major specializing in vocal music. I'm also a theatre minor. So from there, where do I want to go exactly?

I want to be great. Like, practically "one of the greats". Not quite as great as like, Anton Armstrong from Olaf or Rene Clausen or something, but like..as great as Dwight Jilek. I've talked about that a lot, I know, but it's something that just makes me wanna cry. I want to be great like that. I want to change lives and have people be really scared for me to go. I want to make a huge impact on people musically.
And there are so many people that hear my major and goals, and they're like "I knew you'd be a music teacher." So now, I have expectations to live up to. How terrifying is that??

A super far off dream of mine is to be a musician. Like, a recording artist musician. I think Adele, Regina Spektor, Christina Aguilera, and Ben Folds should make a voice baby and call it Resa. I want to, again, be one of the greats. I don't want to be so annoyingly famous that my tickets cost $80+ and I only play in huge venues like Xcel or something, but I want to be a musician that plays shows, and tours, and all that stuff. But to tell the truth, that scares me. I'm afraid of trying and failing. I don't write my own songs, and that's because I'm pretty damn sure I can't. But I will honestly say that I've never REALLY tried. I think I maybe could be great if I had a lyricist and composer type person..I don't think I have the talent to write that good of material, but I think my voice could do some stuff. I want original material though, so I can see how well I can do.

And with that theatre minor, I kinda wish it could be a major. But I just don't think I have time. Unless I really wanna stay in school forever. Which..I don't know if I do. Atleast I'm getting pretty awesome parts at CSP. That's helping and kind of replacing some classes I feel like I'd have to do that I'm interested in.

I just love performing and making Art. Music is art, the performing is art, theatre is art..I just need more of it. Somehow.
I just wish I was brave enough to go for it somehow. I don't even know how I'd go about that..but I want to be great.

Maybe that's really my only dream. It doesn't necessarily matter what I do out of those things I mentioned, but I want to be great and make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. I know you've mentioned before, how sometimes everyone focuses on what your sister is doing an such... but resa, like I said, you have true talent that you've been blessed with. It's truly inspiring..."I want to be great and make a difference. " -if that's what you want. Go for it!I know, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete